Amar Jyoti is a voluntary organization that has pioneered the concept of Inclusive Education in India. The Trust has been rendering rehabilitative services to Persons with Disabilities through the holistic approach of inclusive education, medical care, pre-vocational skill development, child guidance, self-employment and professional courses in special education since 1981. It has a branch rendering similar services for the last 25 years in Gwalior, Madhya Pradesh, India. The organization ‘inter alia’ is running a school in Delhi and Gwalior where over 500 and 300 children respectively with and without disabilities are studying together in almost equal number.
Amar Jyoti is recipient of various national and international recognitions including the Padma Shri Award to the Founder & Managing Secretary Dr. (Mrs) Uma Tuli and our President Dr. S P Mandal by the Hon’ble President of India for their commendable work in the field of social work and medical science respectively.
For further details visit : www.amarjyotirehab.org
Asian Centre for Inclusive Education is a joint initiative of academics, scholars and researchers of universities and professional bodies. Monash University, Australia; Savitribai Phule Pune University, India; East China Normal University; Institute of Education and Research, University of Dhaka, Bangladesh, Teacher Development Institute, Dhaka; Inclusion Initiatives for Special-needs Bangladesh are some of the institutions that have representation in the international executive panel of ACIE.
ACIE is interested in:
- Undertaking collaborative research on issues related to inclusive education.
- Understanding unique challenges that Asian countries are facing in implementing inclusive policy initiatives.
- Exploring possible solutions of the challenges that would be applicable to Asian countries.
- Identifying and promoting successful inclusion models
- Networking, information sharing and advocacy on inclusive education.
For further details visit : www.acie-bd.org